What are the Standard Bank credit card requirements? Like every other bank in South Africa, Standard Bank offers a wide range of credit cards to customers. You are here because you wish to apply for one. Doing so can give you peace of mind by providing you wish instant access to credit whenever needed. But what do you need in order to apply for a Standard Bank credit card?
What do I need to apply for a Standard Bank credit card?
The following are the Standard Bank credit card requirements;
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
- You should earn a minimum amount for the credit card that you are applying for. At the moment, you need to earn R5000 to apply for the entry level Gold Credit Card.
- You need to have a copy of your South African ID. If you are a foreign national, you will need a copy of your passport.
- Your latest payslip.
- A bank statement going back no later than 3 months.
- Proof of residence of no more than 3 months.
What if I am already a Standard Bank customer?
Those are the Standard Bank credit card requirements. Note that some of the requirements that are outlined above do not apply for those who are already Standard Bank customers.
As an example, if you already have a Standard Bank account, you can apply for a credit card via online banking or through the app. All that you need to do is to log in and you can make your application.
In this article, we gave you the Standard Bank credit card requirements. We showed everything that you need in order to apply for a Standard Bank credit card.
Credit cards are a useful way through which you can get access to money without having to worry about applying for a loan.
However, you need to be careful how you use your credit card. If you are not careful, you could end up in debt. It’s important to have discipline when it comes to managing your credit card.
Here is the Standard Bank call centre number