Do you wish to learn how to withdraw MTN MoMo? This is one of the mobile money transfer services that have been growing in popularity across South Africa. With MoMo, it’s possible to receive money into your phone number. It works across networks, meaning you can send to someone on Vodacom or any other network. Once you have activated your wallet, you can store your money for as long as you wish. You can also withdraw it, but how do you do that?
How to withdraw money from MTN Mobile Money
The following is how to withdraw MTN MoMo;
- Find a MoMo agent near you. You can located nearby agents by dialing *223#.
- Give them your bank name, your account number, the amount to be withdrawn and your phone number to the agent.
- You will be asked to dial a shortcode to approve the withdrawal.
- Dial the code and you will get a message telling you that the transaction has been successful.
- The agent will hand over your cash.
What can this money be used for?
That’s how to withdraw MTN MoMo. In this article, we showed you how you can easily convert the money that’s in your wallet to cash. But that’s not the only thing that you can do with it. The following are some of the others ways through which to use MoMo;
- Store money. However, it will not gain any interest.
- Send money to other MTN users and to people on Telkom, Vodacom and Cell C.
- Buy MTN airtime
- Buy electricity.
- Buy insurance.
- Pay salaries
- Buy airline tickets
- Pay school fees
In this article, we showed you how to withdraw MTN MoMo. It was noted that MoMo is one of the most popular mobile money transfer services in South Africa. Other mobile money services include Standard Bank’s Instant Money.
When compared to other African countries, South Africa has been lagging behind in terms of mobile money. However, that appears to be ending.
The great thing about MoMo is that you can use it to send money to anyone who has a South African phone number. It doesn’t matter which network they may be on. Once they have received the money into their wallet, they can use it or withdraw it.