Do you wish to find out how to increase your daily limit on the FNB app? You will get the information that you are looking for in this article. Like all the other banks in South Africa, FNB has daily limits on certain transactions. What’s the reason for these limits? Well, banks impose daily limits because only a small amount of their deposits are kept as cash. So, if everyone was to withdraw all their money every day, the banks would run out.
How to increase FNB credit card limit
The following is how to increase your daily limit on the FNB app;
- Log into the FNB app on your phone.
- Click on the Menu to the top right of your screen (the three lines).
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Next, click on Daily Limits.
- Increase the limits for different types of transactions.
- When done, click on Next.
- Enter your card number and the card’s PIN.
- Confirm your changes.
You can also increase your spending limit via online banking
The following is how to increase your FNB daily spending limit via online banking;
- Login to your online banking portal.
- Go to My Bank Accounts.
- Choose the card where you wish to increase your limit.
- Click on Upgrade Card/Increase Limit.
- Click on Yes.
- Apply for a Limit increase.
- Check the box and click on Continue.
- Click on Accept.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Confirm.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on Accept.
- Click on Finish.
Why increase your daily limit?
We have already noted that most banks impose limits on how much people can transact per day. The limits are there to protect both the consumer and the bank.
FNB allows you to have oversight over your spending in various ways. You can set limit alerts, as an example. As an example, you can set it up so you automatically get a message when you have reached a particular threshold.
That’s how to increase your FNB spending limit via the app and via online banking. Another option for you is to visit your nearest FNB bank branch. You can apply to have your daily spending limit increased there. That is something that you may need to do if you have failed to increase your limit via the app and via online banking.