Do you wish to find out how to buy electricity using Capitec? The good news is that you have several options for making your purchase. You can use the Capitec app or you can buy your token using the Capitec bank USSD. Both these options are convenient. They ensure that you no longer need to look for a shop that sells electricity tokens. Admittedly there are plenty of those around, but it’s way better to buy from the comfort of your home. But how do you do it?
How to buy electricity using the Capitec app
The following is how to buy electricity using the Capitec bank app;
- Open the Capitec app on your phone.
- Go to Buy electricity.
- Click on Add beneficiary.
- Add the beneficiary’s name and meter number.
- Add the number where you wish the token to be sent.
- When done, click on Add.
- Confirm with your PIN.
- Click on Buy Now.
- Enter the amount.
- You can change the account that you wish to use for the purchase.
- Click on Buy.
- Confirm the transaction.
- You will get an SMS containing the token.
How to buy electricity on Capitec using USSD without the app
The following is how to buy electricity on Capitec via USSD without the app;
- Dial *120*3279# on the phone with which you are registered for Capitec mobile banking.
- Go to Prepaid.
- Choose Electricity.
- Select the account with which you wish to buy your electricity token.
- Enter the amount of electricity that you wish to buy.
- Type in your meter number
- You will get an SMS with the token that you have just bought.
Which option is best?
That’s how to buy electricity using the Capitec app. It’s good that people now have all these options that enable them to make their purchases from anywhere. But which option is best for you?
That’s going to depend on your particular circumstances. We prefer the USSD option. That’s because you can make your purchase even from a phone that does not have internet.
It makes this option available to the majority of people out there. The app is great if you have it on your phone. Otherwise go for the USSD option. However, for that, you need to be registered for mobile banking, as already noted.
In this post we showed you how to buy electricity using Capitec. It was noted that the bank’s customers can use the app to buy electricity. They can also use the bank’s mobile banking USSD code. The good thing is that it’s now possible to buy electricity from your phone if you are one of the banks’ customers.