Do you wish to learn how to activate the FNB app on your phone? FNB is currently one of the biggest banks in Southern Africa. They have over 11 million customers across the country. Like all the other banks, FNB offers a mobile app that customers can use to transact and manage their accounts. The app brings a lot of convenience. It virtually eliminates the need to visit a nearby branch. In this post, we will show you how to register for the FNB app for the first time.
How to register FNB app on new phone
The following is how to activate the FNB app for the first time;
- Go to the Google Play store and download and install the FNB app on your phone. If you have an iOS device, you can get the app from the App Store
- Open the app and choose Set Up My Banking app
- Click on I do not have Online Banking. If you already have online banking, choose the appropriate option
- You will now be asked to enter your South African ID
- A One Time PIN (OTP) will now be send to the phone that’s registered with FNB. Enter the PIN
- If you already have an FNB card and PIN, enter these details. Otherwise, you will be asked to provide your bank account number
- At this point, you will be asked to provide a username and password for the app
- Confirm the number on which you want to receive OTP messages. Whenever you transact on the app, a one time password will be sent to the number. This is done for security reasons
- Log into the app
- A final step is to activate your profile. This can be done at an FNB ATM, if you have a card and PIN. If you do not have these, you will have to visit your nearest branch to activate your profile.
Can you activate your FNB app without visiting a branch?
That’s how to activate your FNB app. But can you register the FNB app without having to visit a nearby branch? It’s a question that a number of people have been asking.
That’s mostly for convenience purposes. Remember we noted that the final step above involves activating your profile.
In order to do this, you need to visit your nearest ATM or bank branch. It depends on whether or not you have an FNB bank card that you are already using.
So, it’s currently necessary for you to visit a branch for you to fully start using the FNB app. They need to activate your profile and you can only do so in person.
What can you do on the app?
Now that you have registered the FNB app on your smartphone, what can you do on the app? The following are some of the activities that you can do;
- You can make payments
- Transfer funds to other accounts
- Check your account balances and transaction history
- Manage your eBucks account
- Stop your FNB cards
- Send money to any South African cellphone number using FNB eWallet
- Buy prepaid electricity
- Buy airtime, and data
This article was dedicated to showing you how to activate the FNB app. It was noted that the app is a great tool that you can use to transact and manage your account. If you have not already been using it, then you have been missing out. You can carry out a wide range of activities on the app, including making transfers and buying electricity, airtime and data.