Do you wish to learn how to activate the Capitec app without going to the bank? This is something that many of the over 20 million customers who bank with Capitec in South Africa have been looking to do. The country’s largest bank has been growing in leaps and bounds over the past few years. If you are one of the people that have recently joined the bank, one thing that you will want to do is to register the app on your phone. That gives you access to a wide range of services that are designed to make your banking life easy.
Steps to register the Capitec app on your phone for the first time
The following is how to activate the Capitec app on your phone without going to the bank;
- Make sure that your Capitec account is active and that your details are verified
- Download the Capitec app from the Google Play store or from the Apple App Store
- Open the app
- Enter your South African ID number
- You will be asked to take selfies as part of the process of registering the app for the first time. So, make sure that you are doing this from a phone that is able to take photos
- Next, you will be asked to provide a few personal details
- Complete the registration process
Activating the app on a new phone
That’s how to activate the Capitec app without going to the bank. The above steps are for those who are doing the activation for the very first time.
But what if you only wish to register the app on a new phone? Perhaps you have already been using it on an old phone. Or maybe your phone has just been wiped?
In that case you will need to reactivate the Capitec app. The following is how to do it;
- Download the Capitec app
- Open the app
- Click on I have an Account
- Enter your account number and click on Continue
- Type in your remote PIN and click on Continue
- Click on the Confirm button on the activation notice. The notice tells you that you will no longer be able to use any previously installed Capitec apps
- Your app will now be activated on your new phone
What can you do with the Capitec app?
Every Capitec user needs to activate and start using the bank’s app. Doing so makes life easy. There are many transactions that you can carry out from your phone without having to visit your nearest branch. The following are some of the activities that you can carry out from your phone;
- Buy airtime, data and SMS
- Transfer money
- Send money to people’s phone numbers
- Buy electricity
- Make payments, including immediate payments
- Manage your bank cards, including stopping them
- View your account balances
- Make DSTV payments
- Generate and send bank confirmation letters
- Manage beneficiaries
- Approve Debicheck mandates
In this article, we showed you how to activate the Capitec app without having to visit a nearby branch. That’s important for the millions of people who bank with this bank. You don’t need to visit a branch to activate the app. We also gave information on what to do to reregister the app on a new phone.