Are you looking for the Capitec USSD code to check your account balance? If yes, then this article is the right one for you. Capitec has been growing a lot over the past few years. At the moment, it now has over 21 million customers. According to the bank, about 4 million of these are active. You are here because you are one of them and you now wish to check your account balance via USSD. How do you achieve this goal?
USSD to check Capitec account balance
The Capitec USSD code to check your bank account balance is *120*3279#. You need to be registered for Capitec cellphone banking to be able to use this code.
How to check your balance
The following is how to check your Capitec bank balance using the USSD code given above;
- Dial *120*3279#
- Choose the Balance enquiry option
- Choose the account for which you wish to check your balance
- Enter your cellphone banking PIN
- Your balance will now be displayed on the screen
What else can you do with this code?
That’s the Capitec USSD to check your account balance. We noted that you need to use the cellphone banking code as outlined above to view your balance. But what else can you do with this code? The following are some of the things that you can do;
- Buy data and airtime
- Buy tokens for your electricity meter. You can also access your previously purchased tokens
- Send money to people with South African numbers
- Make transfers
- Register for SMS Updates
- Approve DebiCheck
- Stop your card. That’s important in the event that it is stolen
- Switch tap to pay on and off
- Generate and send account statements
- Pay Bills
This post was dedicated to giving you the Capitec USSD code to check your account balance. We noted that this facility is part of cellphone banking. As such, you need to be registered for that in order to use it. Cellphone banking has many benefits. You can do a lot of things, including buying airtime, data and electricity.