What are the Nedbank account opening requirements for foreigners? A lot of people from Africa and elsewhere call South Africa their home. In fact, there are currently an estimated over 4 million foreign nationals living, studying and working in the country. Many others are probably living in the country illegally. If you are one of those having legal residency in the country, either through permanent residency, through a work permit or through asylum, you will be looking to open a Nedbank bank account. What are requirements for doing so?
What do foreigners need to open a Nedbank bank account in South Africa?
The following are the Nedbank account opening requirements for foreigners in South Africa?
- You need to be over 18.
- You must be living in South Africa.
- You should be earning at least R3000 per month.
- Your documents need to be up to date. Nedbank will not allow you to open and account using expired documents.
- You need to present yourself at your nearest branch to open an account if you do not have a South African ID.
South Africans can open a Nedbank bank account on their phones
Those are the Nedbank account opening requirements for foreigners. If you are a South African national, you can open a bank account on your phone. Nedbank is one of the banks in South Africa that allows you to do this.
However, if you are a foreign national, you will need to go to your nearest Nedbank branch to get it done. That’s something that we have already talked about. For South Africans, opening an account on the phone involves the following;
- Download the Nedbank app onto your phone.
- Open it and go to Become a client.
- Enter all the required information.
- Allow the app to use your camera.
- Verify your identify. Nedbank uses data from Home Affairs to do this.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the process.
In this article, we gave you the Nedbank account opening requirements for foreigners. It was noted that foreigners need to visit their nearest branch to open accounts. In terms of what’s required, you need to have all your papers in order for Nedbank to be able to open an account for you. You need to be legally in South Africa with the correct papers.
Find out how to get a Nedbank profile number