Are you looking for information on how to submit a claim to Discovery. Discovery is one of the biggest insurers in South Africa. They offer medical, life, car and home insurance. You are here because you are one of their customers and you wish to make a claim. You could have been in an accident with your car, or maybe a member or beneficiary has passed away. Maybe you wish to claim home insurance. Whatever the case, you will be looking to find out how the Discovery insurance claims process works.
Discovery claim options
The following is how to submit a claim to Discovery;
- You can submit your claim online. Scan and upload your documents. You will need to log into your account to be able to do so. Once you have done so, an agent will get in touch with you.
- Another option is to email your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, you will need to scan and email the necessary documents for your claim to be processed fast.
- Start the claim process by calling 0860 751 751.
- It’s also possible to submit your claim via your insurance advisor.
- Finally, it’s possible to submit your Discovery claim using the Discovery mobile app. If in an accident, use the app to capture images. You will need to use your smartphone to scan your claim for submission.
What include when you submit your claim
That’s how to submit a claim on Discovery. It’s advisable to quickly make your claim. If you wait more than 4 months, your claim will no longer be processed.
There are several things that you will need to include when lodging your Discovery claim. You need to make sure that everything is in order so that your claim can be processed as quickly as is possible. The following is what is needed;
- Your full name.
- Your membership number.
- Date of service in the event that your claim is health care related.
- The recepit showing your payment.
- Details about the claim.
In this article, we showed you how to submit a claim to Discovery. We showed you that there are several options here. You can submit on the app. You can also start your application by calling Discovery. Another option is to send an email.