Do you wish to find out how to report a lost Standard Bank card? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Standard Bank has over 9.6 million customers in South Africa. A lot of them lose their bank cards across the country every day. That can be either due to theft or misplacement. Should this happen to you, you need to take immediate action to protect yourself. Reporting the loss to your bank is one part of the process. You can also block a lost Standard Bank card to make sure that it can no longer be used. But how do you do this?
How to stop a lost or stolen Standard Bank Card
The following is how to report a lost Standard Bank card;
- If you are in South Africa, you can report a lost Standard bank card by calling the toll free number 0800 020 600. This number is available 24 hours a day.
- For those who lose their Standard Bank cards while travelling abroad, the number to call is +27 10 249 0100. Standard call rates will apply.
- You can also report the loss of your Standard Bank card by sending an email to email@example.com.
- It’s also possible to report the loss of your bank card via the Standard Bank app. To do so, open the card and go to Manage cards. Next, select the card that you wish to report lost. From there, go to Card settings. Finally, click on Lost cards.
What’s the procedure for reporting a lost card?
That’s how to report a lost Standard Bank card. But what happens when you make your report. Standard Bank advises that they need to be notified immediately upon theft or loss of the card.
When you call them, they will ask you to confirm your ID and bank card number. They will also give you a reference number. You should keep this somewhere safe in case you need to make follow-ups.
How to Stop your Standard Bank Card
To protect yourself from fraud after losing your card, you have the option to immediately stop the card via the Standard Bank app. To get started, you need to do the following;
- Sign into the bank’s mobile app.
- Next, go to Manage.
- From there, go to Cards.
- Choose the card that you wish to block.
- Now click on Card Settings.
- Next, click on Report lost or stolen card.
- Click on Next.
- Select What happened to your card.
- Choose My card is lost/stolen.
- Enter the date when the card was stolen.
- Click Next.
In this article, we showed you how to report a lost Standard Bank card. It was noted that you need to immediately report a lost card to ensure that you do not fall prey to the many fraudsters who are in South Africa. We also showed you how to stop a Standard bank card. This is something that you can do on your own using the bank’s app.