Do you wish to find out how to get SMS notifications on Capitec? Capitec is one of the fastest growing banks in South Africa. You are here because you are one of their customers and you wish to get notified via SMS each time a transaction is carried out on your account. This is a security means. It enables you to quickly learn about any unauthorized transactions that may occur on your account. So, how do you turn on Capitec SMS notifications?
Turn on Capitec transaction notifications
The following is how to get SMS notifications on Capitec;
- Sign into the Capitec app on your phone. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, you can do so from the Google Play Store or from the Apple App Store.
- Once logged in, go to Messages.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Open Transaction messages.
- Click on Choose preferred message type.
- Choose SMS Update.
- Choose the type of notifications that you wish to get.
How much do these SMS notifications cost?
In this article, we are focused on showing you how to get SMS notifications on Capitec. But how much do these notifications cost. The thing about SMS is that it’s not free. You will be charged 25 cents per SMS notification that is send to your phone.
If you are looking for a free way of getting notifications, then you should opt for the in-app notifications option. With this option, you will receive notifications of transactions within your app for free. You do need to have internet connectivity for it to work, however.
What notifications can I get?
That’s how to get SMS notifications on Capitec. But what type of notifications can you get? In this post, we are mainly focused on transaction notifications. These are notifications that you get whenever there is an activity on your account. You can choose to get notifications in the following instances;
- When money is deposited into your account.
- When money is withdrawn from your account.
- You can refine your notifications by choosing to be informed only on activities involving certain amounts of money.
Why is this important?
That’s how to get SMS notifications on Capitec Bank. But why would you take this step? It’s something that we have already mentioned. There is a lot of bank fraud going on in South Africa. In order to protect yourself, you need to always have an eye on every activity that happens in your account.
Find out how to report a lost Capitec card