Do you wish to learn how to deposit money at a Capitec ATM? Can you make a deposit without a bank card? This is something that a lot of South Africans have been looking to do, mainly because it’s way cheaper to deposit money at an ATM than it is to do so inside a bank branch. So, what are the steps that you need to take in order to make your deposit? We will show you in this article;
How to deposit money at a Capitec ATM without Card
The following is how to deposit money at a Capitec ATM without a card;
- Tap on the Capitec ATM’s screen.
- Choose the Deposit Money option.
- You will be asked whether you wish to continue with the third party deposit. Click on Yes.
- Enter your Capitec account number. You can also enter the account number for someone else if you are sending money to them.
- Check that the account number is correct and click on the Confirm button.
- You will now be asked to insert the money. You do so into the same slot from which you normally collect money when withdrawing.
- The machine will take a few seconds to verify the amount that you have deposited. When that is completed, click on the Done button.
- Click on the Yes button to confirm the transaction.
- You will now get a slip detailing the transaction.
What do you need when making a deposit?
That’s how to deposit money at a Capitec ATM. As you can see in the above instructions, you don’t need to have a card in order to make the deposit.
We have already noted that you can actually make a deposit into somebody else’s account, as long as you have their account number.
That answers the above question regarding what you need to make your deposit. The only thing that is needed is the account number into which you will be making the deposit.
You also need the cash that you will be depositing, of course. Write the account number somewhere and have the cash on you and you can make your deposit.
Why deposit money at a Capitec ATM?
We have already noted that Capitec is the biggest bank in South Africa. In fact, things can be a big crowded over there. Whatever you want to do, you can be sure that you will have to wait a few minutes before being served. Capitec just has too many customers.
The option to deposit at an ATM means you do not need to visit one of their crowded banking halls. It’s also a way of saving some money. It’s cheaper to deposit at an ATM than inside the bank.
In this article, we showed you how to deposit money at a Capitec ATM. We noted that the process is very easy. You don’t need to have your bank card to be able to make your deposit. It’s not needed. All that you need is the account number where you will be making your deposit.