Do you wish to learn how to block a lost or stolen Nedbank card in South Africa. Nedbank currently has nearly 7.5 million customers in the country. That makes it one of the big banks in terms of numbers. Should you be one of these people, you may be looking to stop your Nedbank card. A lot of theft happens in the country on a daily basis, with criminals targeting people’s bank accounts. Should your card fall into the wrong hands, then you could end up losing all your savings. You have the option to block your Nedbank card with the app and without using the app. We show you how to do it in this post;
How to block your Nedbank card using the Money App
The following is how to block your card using the Nedbank Money app;
- Open the Nedbank app on your mobile device and log in using your preferred login method.
- On your dashboard, click on Cards.
- Open the card that you wish to block.
- Choose Block and replace.
- Pick a reason for your actions.
- Choose Block card.
How to block a stolen Nedbank card without the app
You can also block your Nedbank card without the app. The following is how to do it;
- Call Nedbank to get them to stop your card from being used. The number to call is 0800 110 929.
- You can also visit your nearest Nedbank branch to have them block your card.
- It’s also possible to block your card by signing into the bank’s online banking portal. Once logged in, go to Cards and choose the card that you wish to block. Next, click on Block and replace and then choose a reason for your actions. Finally, click on Block card.
Situations where you may need to Stop your Nedbank card
That’s how to block a lost or stolen Nedbank card. But what situations would lead you to take this actions? Well, there could be a wide range of reasons for going down this path.
Maybe you have received an Approve-it message on your mobile device when you haven’t initiated any transaction. You could be at home doing whatever it is that you are doing and suddenly you get an Approve-it message.
You should never accept such messages. They usually mean that someone has cloned your card and they are trying to use it to make purchases. In that case, your next course of action will have to be to block the card.
Another reason for wanting to stop your Nedbank card is if you have lost or misplaced the card. Perhaps it hasn’t been used fraudulently yet, but it’s better to be safe. The moment your card gets stolen, you should take action to block it.